Sunday, October 2, 2011

blue.

I quit television 3 years ago. (to stand up for reading books, playing outside, living, etc.)

BUT-

I have a laptop.

I've been sucked into the Netflix Abyss and watching any documentary I can. I realized this morning that,
a) documentaries are not bad. Reality television is.
b) I've been feeling pretty blue lately.

I know that jumping into 'watching a screen' is a red flag when that isn't really me. What is interesting is although I have been very sad this week over reasons that overwhelm and confuse me, Netflix taught me something. Crazy, I know. This week in a film I heard something I really needed. "If I were to choose between happiness and sorrow, I would chose sorrow. Because when you are happy you know not of what you are missing. But when you are full of sorrow you know everything." Katherine of Aragon.
I know this aching heart will pass. Like everything in this world. And the best way to keep a smile on my face is to know that I have so much to be thankful for. I'm silly to think the world is crashing- when its basically opening up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment